IBPS PO Syllabus 2018 – 2019: Institute of banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Department issued Notification for IBPS PO Exam 2019. Candidates who are going to take part of IBPS PO Examination for Probationary Officer (PO) and Management Trainee VII (MT) posts, then Guys you need complete IBPS PO Syllabus 2018 – 2019 for preparation , so guys you can get from here, complete Bank PO Syllabus and IBPS PO Exam Pattern to make it convenient for eligible candidates to prepare for the exam in a right way.
This is tough exam for all students so aware about its value. Huge candidates will participate in this exam, So all candidates should prepare well for it. Check IBPS PO Question Paper Pattern, PO Syllabus and other IBPS PO Preparation 2019 Material such as “Previous year question paper of IBPS PO Exam” and PO Solved question paper.
About IBPS PO:
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is Government organization in India. It is a self-governed academic and research-oriented institute. It has started the Personnel Selection Services in 1975. Its primary aim is enhancing human resource development through personal assessment. In the year, it has announced the Common Written Examination (CWE) for selecting Officers and Clerks in Indian Banks. The candidates who are seeking for the bank jobs, for them IBPS is the mandatory exam to get jobs in 21 Public Sector Regional Rural Banks. Every year it will release the recruitment notification to fill the vacancies in 21 public sector banks.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
- Quantitative Aptitude.
- English Language.
- General Awareness.
- Computer Knowledge.
|Name of section||Number of questions in the section||Marks allotted for the section|
Main Exam Pattern
|Name of the section||Number of questions asked in the section||Marks allotted to the section||Time Duration|
|English language||40||40||30 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 min|
|Reasoning Ability||50||50||40 min|
|General Awareness (special reference to banking industry)||40||40||20 min|
|Computer proficiency||20||20||10 min|
|200||200 marks||140 min|
- IBPS PO Prelims exam is for 100 Marks and 1 hour duration.
- Mains exam is for 200 Marks and 2 hours duration.
- There will be 200 Objective Questions carrying 1 mark of each and the time duration is for 02 hours.
- There will be Negative marking for all wrong answer with 0.25 marks.
|Verbal Reasoning||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
IBPS PO Syllabus: English Language
- Completion of sentence
- Grammar Errors
- Synonyms & Antonyms etc
- Passage Completion
IBPS PO Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
- Arithmetic & Data Interpretation
- Bar Graphs
- Line Graphs & Tabulation
- Time And Distance
- Time & Work
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
IBPS PO Syllabus: General Awareness
- Currency and capital
- Banking Terms, Current Rates (Repo Rate, Reverse repo rate, Bank rate etc.)
- Important days / dates
- Indian Economy
- Abbreviations / full forms
- Ministers and their departments
- Books & Their Authors
- International Economy
- Finance, Shares,
- Various schemes of Government (MNREGA, Swabhiman, Swavlamban, Bharat Nirman etc.)
- Questions related to International Financial Institutions (IMF, UN, World bank, ADB-related – Members, recent development, functions)
- RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies, GDP related.
- Types of Banks
- Social Function of Banks
- Awards & Honors
- Current Affairs (last 6 months)
IBPS PO Syllabus: Computer Knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Number System
- History of computers
- Operating Systems
- Software & Hardware questions (Database & communication)
- Computer abbreviation
- Basic knowledge of Internet & Networking
IBPS PO Syllabus: Interview
- Banking Awareness
- Economics related questions
- Personal Background
- General Awareness
IBPS PO Exam Paper Marks Analysis – Reasoning, English and Quantitative Aptitude
|Topic||Expected Number Of Questions|
|Topic||Expected Number Of Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||0-5|
|Paragraph Complete/ Sentence Correction||5|
|Topics||Expected Number Of Questions|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||3|
|Profit & Loss||2|
|Mixtures & Alligations||1-2|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||1-2|
|Work & Time||2|
|Time & Distance||2|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||1-2|
|Sequence & Series||5|
|Permutation, Combination & Probability||5|
Hope This information will be helpful for you all…..